Saturday, June 2, 2012

For my 27th birthday

He took me on a surprise trip to the city to stay at a beautiful boutique hotel. We relaxed in our room and explored around town. 
We shopped at antique stores and a mall. I found vintage hankies and tablecloths to make something beautiful with on my new sewing machine from my parents. I got some awesome green shorts and a hippie-ish maxi skirt.
He took me out to a fancy restaurant in old town for my birthday dinner. They had the most amazing honeydew sorbet they brought us in between courses. It was one of the best dinners I have ever had! It was the same restaurant my grandparents took my mother on her 21st birthday. 
Before we left town he had been running around town and working away in the back bedroom. When I opened my gift I got to see what he had spent all of his time working on. He wrote me a poem and made me a memory book with photos from over the years. He was so thoughtful and sweet. 

It was an amazing birthday! Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes and love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment