Saturday, November 19, 2011

Books with our boy

I feel like the holidays have officially started! We have the week off for Thanksgiving and then Christmas will be here so soon! We started the night off with a decaf iced mocha and then spent time with our boy. I love getting to snuggie with my little bug, so soft in his comfy cozy pajamas. Thanks for the jammies Brittany, Kicky Pants are the softest! Paul spent a long time reading books to Owen. We got out his Christmas books, Corduroy's Merry Christmas and The Polar Express. I still want to get Bear Stays Up for ChristmasThe Sweet Smell of Christmas, and one of the sweetest Christmas books, Mortimer's Christmas Manger. I think Paul likes reading the books with him as much as he does. At one point while I was making dinner I looked over at Paul as he was animatedly reading, "I do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them, Sam-I-Am". I'm sure Owen loves looking at the pictures and hearing daddy talking so funny, and of course eating the books is always fun. Paul and I often find our selves randomly saying things like, "Bog, Bog Bog, said the Frog" or "Mommy calls me Peekaboo...her bouncy baby roo" as we are doing things around the house. I guess this is what happens when you have a little one, you get words to books stuck in your head.


We leave for San Diego on Monday to visit Paul's family. It will be Owen's first flight and big trip. Before then we have a thanksgiving banquet, christmas preview, celebrating Paul's birthday with my family and getting all packed up to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment