Monday, December 17, 2012

The littlest matryoshka: a nesting doll shower

My good friend Carly is expecting her third little baby any day now! I can't wait to find out if its a boy or a girl and most of all to see their adorable cheeks (her babies always have the cutest cheeks you have ever seen!). We had a wonderful time last weekend throwing her a shower to celebrate. When we heard she had a secret love for matryoshka dolls we decided that had to be the theme. The idea of each little doll nesting inside the momma doll is a sweet symbol for a shower. It just so happened that my sister, two friends and myself have all been to Russia or the Ukraine and own nesting dolls. And look how amazing the cake is that Robin made! I love the mix of Russian dolls and Christmas decorations. It was fun to have a shower during this time of year when our houses are already decorated beautifully with twinkling lights and trees. We all brought her gifts in mason jars, homemade things, goodies to eat and tiny items for baby. It was a very meaningful time together. I walked away being reminded of what a joyful blessing babies are to our lives!

4 comments:

  1. I love the "live" little matryoshka you got a picture of!!The 'counting down to baby coming' bags were so cute and such a great idea for big brother and sister!! I really enjoy your posts! Thank you for sharing and being an encouragement to others through your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a special day, I'm so glad you captured it (beautifully, as always) on camera! I'm so grateful for my friends and family who are excited along with me as I begin a new adventure!! Thanks for the beautiful and meaningful shower!!

    ReplyDelete